What is section 8?

I was just woundering what it was. Is it like housing?

MommyTessier

Asked by MommyTessier at 3:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't know if I should answer this or not, because I really don't know for sure. I was talking to my mom and she said she signed up for Section 8 and said they had to come to the home she and my step dad are renting to check the place out and when it passed her rent went from $475 down to I believe $225...I believe it's government help for low income...you can look up Section 8 where you live and see if and how you can qualify for it.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It is housing - usually apartments and town houses. It lowers the rent to make it more affordable for you if you qualify. Here is the write up from HUD:

http://www.hud.gov/progdesc/voucher.cfm

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Section 8 is low income housing. It used to be pretty crappy housing, but lately it's gotten much nicer. But you have to meet the income guidelines to qualify for it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Section 8 is low income housing.You have to qualify for it they will pay for more than half your rent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2008