Pregnant with a 2yr old.....

I am 28wks pregnant and i already have a 2yr old and a 10m old. My 2yr old does NOT listen to anything i tell him and he whines about everything. How do i get him to listen and stop whining i cant handle it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh my, my 4 year old STILL whines!!! I try to tell my daughter you need to talk like a big girl and then I have her repeat the big girl way...I will not help her until she asks nicely. If it gets really bad and they will not stop whining, maybe try a time-out
    Anonymous

• I only have one boy,he is 2 yrs. soon to be 3 in January..he has his days when he is really winy,I try to be patient he is still MY baby,but we are trying to conceive again,and I want to play up the hole "big boy helper"so when that time comes the transaction will be smoother..I ask him to stop crying and to use his words with mommy,he is still learning about his emotions and why he feels the way he does,so it may be hard for him to express himself in another way,crying seems to make him feel better..your 2yr.old is still a baby,even though you have a 10month old and a new one on the way he is still pretty needy and wants his mommy,a lot of it may have to do with him feeling left out..just try to be more positive and involve him in every day things and activities this will build his self esteem and confidence to be more independent,good luck and best of wishes to you,you sure have your hands full!!!!!
    BlakesMommy2006

Answer by BlakesMommy2006 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I haven't found a way to get mine to stop whining. I have decided that some kids are just whiners. I have one that is 6 and still whines, but then my 4 yr old doesn't. And my 16 mo old just yells. I know it gets agrivating, ex while prego, but just take a deep breath, and if you need to step outside for 30 seconds or so to calm down.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008