Can't find a baby-wanting man, and my age is excelling

I was just reading about Gotcha Pregnancies, where women have "accidently on purpose" pregnancies. I've been wanting a baby for a very long time, but I'm having issues finding a man wanting a baby that wants to be with me (I don't want to be a single mother), and finding a sustainable job to take care of myself. I had to terminate a pregnancy about a year and half ago, on the man's request because of his job and (he was already married). Now I regret that abortion, and thinking about having one-night stands to get pregnant. (Like, why haven't I done this before.)

I know that a lot of CM moms will say "think about what you are doing to the man and the baby". Well, if a man doesn't wear protection..........

no different from artificial insemination? When it's cheaper? I want child support to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you're going to do it, at least be upfront with the guy. Do you have a close male friend that would consider it? I've heard of people doing that before.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If you are getting pregnant on purpose, OK, plenty of single women have had children on their own because they really wanted children. But getting pregnant on purpose, deceiving the potential father AND expecting child support? Just plain wrong!!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think you need some help. Go talk with a mental health professional please.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• What you are talking about is illegal. It is morally wrong. It opens up this potential childs life to all kind of horrors. With this attitude you do not have the maturity and responsibility to become a parent. Get counseling. Keep looking for a man that wants to have your child with you. They are there, but they may not be your number one choice.
    But after you mature you might decide that he was more right than the fly bys you thought you wanted.
    Look for someone with substance, not a partying STUD.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You obviously can't "make" a man want to have a baby. Some men might willingly have sex, but not to get a woman pregnant, unless they're in a relationship. My hubby's brother was dating a woman that kept stressing how she wanted another child because she's 38. They're no longer together over that. Wanting or expecting child support way before you even have a child is strange.
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• HAHAHAHAHAHA. i need to save this in a file somewhere to show my daughter when she's old enough. "how not to do things." thanks for the laugh :)
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yeah, and you would be exposing yourself to STDs too. Don't do/risk it.

keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i see it as u want a kid ok do what u want but afteward dont contact the doner it shouldn't kno at all bout it.. and find a guy who has 0 stds
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• While not illegal, it is dishonest, and if you have any semblance of a conscience, you won't do it. If you want a child, then find a job that enables you to support yourself and a child first, and then work on finding a donor or partner.

I have known two women that have used a "donor", but the donor has signed a contract stating that they have no legal rights or responsibility to the child BEFORE said child is even conceived. While this certainly isn't ideal, it is the honest and adult way to deal with such a situation. Or, you need to be upfront about wanting a child with your next partner, and see what they say.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I know it's "cheaper" than artificial insemination, but at least the men who go into sperm banks are screened for STD's and the like. It's much safer to do it through a sperm bank. Slutting around like a two cent whore might get you pregnant, might get you AIDS as well. is that something you'd want to pass down to an baby?? If you are going to do it, do it the safe way. I second the idea to get some councelling as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010