For those of you with kids over 12 months- when did your child stop drinking the bottle?

jdscirto

Asked by jdscirto at 4:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Around 16mths I think
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My oldest was introduced to sippy cups before she was a year old and weened herself off the bottle. If you wan tto get rid of the bottle, try replacing them with sippy cups either all at once or little by little.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 4:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My daughter is 15 months and still uses a bottle starting to wean her off it slowly
    TaylorBuz

Answer by TaylorBuz at 4:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• 10 months.. Haayden would bite the nipple so hard they would tear.
    Haydensmom326

Answer by Haydensmom326 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have tried giving him sippy cups at 6 months and he refuses to drink out of them. He just throws them.
    jdscirto

Answer by jdscirto at 4:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• When Benny turned a year we stopped the bottle and gave him a sippy. It was very easy with Ben.
    BenjisMom627

Answer by BenjisMom627 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• right when they turned one i took the bottle away.
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I know you asked for mom's with kids over 1 year but I just thought I'd weigh in anyways... My son transitioned from bottle to sippy at 9 months but I think that every child is different. My nephew is 15 months and they are just now ween ing him from the bottle- it was more of a comfort thing for him so he held on to the habit longer, whereas my son is all about the food and could really care less how its delivered. LOL
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 4:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i took Dallas' away at 11m he was fine. and i am starting it with Payton she is 10m cause she LOVES the sippy cups we have for her.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• mitchell was done with a bottle before he was a year. i think it was defnitely by 11 months! from 10 months - 11 months he was only using a bottle at night for his last feeding. transitioning to a sippy was actually quite easy!
    ilovemypnut86

Answer by ilovemypnut86 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008