Is there ever an age where you can be TOTALLY satisfied with yourself & your weight?

I am 49 years old and SOOO tired of dieting. Is there ever any age or point in your life that you can just say FORGET IT , I AM OVER IT, DONE, FINISHED!
I want to be happy with what I look like and how my body looks. I HATE looking in the mirror and haven't done so for years.
Why do we do this? Is there any way to stop?
I am only about 20 lbs over weight but still have the desire to be a size 6-8 again.

SunnieStyles

Asked by SunnieStyles at 9:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• it has nothing to do with age it has to do with how you view yourself some people never get that point in their lives where they appreciate themselves for who they are. I know its frustrating to workout and not see the results you were hoping for but if its that important to you then dont give up, speak with a nutritionist or someone who can guide you in the right direction.
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Age has nothing to do with anything....
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I used to work out every day but haven't for a few months now. I just think of Oprah and how when she turned 50 she just said she was over it and now in a good point in her life. I am almost there now and searching for how to achieve it.
    Thank you for your response!
    SunnieStyles

Comment by SunnieStyles (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have seen my mother struggle with this her whole life. She has NEVER been fat, and has only ever had a few extra pounds on her, but always a lean and attractive woman. She is 56 and is still always talking about how she wishes she could lose some more weight, etc, and I wonder when she will let it go and just be content with herself. She is beautiful. I am 31 and at times I may be a bit irritated that I don't look "perfect", but there is so much more to life than worrying about being the perfect size or shape. Take care of yourself and be happy that you are live and health, I say.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm 24 and happy with my weight. I'm 5'6" and 115 or so lbs.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2011