act like a father

My husband once again made dinner where only one would eat. I am on a low fat diet and could not eat what he made. So me and the other two girls did not eat. Then it was a crying fit for the girls, him yelling a throwing dishes, then giving the girls a bag of cookies and then told them to eat the whole bag. He would not give the youngest her card from mail and then ripped it open it front of her.she screamed. NOw will not talk to anyone,slept on couch, and would not even help with math homework cause I am bad at it. What to do? leave? stay? I need to check opinions. Any other father out there like that cause I sure need all the help I can get.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 9:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG..Has he always been like this?! I would deff talk to him about this and let him know this is NOT okay to act like this especially with your daughter's it's not fair to them or you to have to put up with this kind of thing..if i were you if he didn't change i would be packing his stuff and telling him you have had enough of it..you should not have to deal with that at all...that's just insane...hope you find some options for yourself and your girls...best of luck to you hon!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I need more information......why did the girls not eat what he made? How old are the girls? I understand your diet, but you don't say why the girls refused to eat what he cooked.

I'm not defending him, but I know it makes me mad when I cook a meal and nobody eats it.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• He has some anger issues???? Maybe, yes? Family therapy? Good happy drugs? Try something to help him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• the girls are ages 5, and 7, and 8. He made spageeit and one of the girls can not handle the sauce and I am on a low fat diet. It is something not new to him cause he has made the same meal with same results. so he know the outcome already.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• this man is abusive and I would get out now.
    I'd document his behavior as much as possible, get it on video if you can.
    see a lawyer. A woman's shelter may be able to direct you to one that may be able to help you pro-bono. (free)

I'll be thinking about you, please get yourself help!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's obvious that he has anger issues.-But it doesn't sound like he got violent. Men can be boys and act immature. Clearly he is very frustated with a problem. The situation sounds like he wants his family of women to eat healthier and he even made dinner, something I think most would agree is acceptable for a family to eat- spaghetti, and NO one ate it, that is kinda messed up..
    If you are on a low-fat diet, then what were you planning on eating that night? What did you end up eating that night? Why weren't you preparing something for yourself while he prepared spaghetti, And planning WITH him that night's dinner something that would have been acceptable for you AND the girls?
    It sounds like the girls may possibly already be over-weight and he sees them going down a bad path. He tried to make a balanced meal and they refused it, but it was ok to eat cookies to them?! That only enraged him more. I kinda get it.
    mountainMum

Answer by mountainMum at 1:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010