i feel horrible.

I feel horrible that i have already gained 23 lbs. and im only 25 weeks pregnant.

the WIC lady told me my pregnancy is abnormal because of this and i should only gain 20 my whole pregnancy.

the doc hasnt said anything about my weight gain...

is that bad?? im told i look really good and that i look 'normal' if you look at me from the front idont even look pregnant.

i felt good about my self, my legs havent gained weight or my arms or face just my belly and boobs.
Now i feel disgusting & she said that a while ago. :(

how can i get over feeling like a cow just because she said this, and am i okay if i have gained that much??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• only skinny bitches are lucky enough to gain 20lbs or less while pregnant. ....j/k .... I am 28wks and have gained 27lbs. with my first i gained 35 and my second 50
    Anonymous

• Don't listen to what anyone says except your doctor. If he has not said anything about you weight gain then you should be fine. I know people that have gained 60-70 lbs and had completely healthy pregnancies. You should have a gluscose test to check for gestational diabetes in the next few weeks, and if that is normal you will be fine! Just enjoy being pregnant!! Also, if you were underwight before you could stand to gain more weight.
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• im skinny =[ and im not a bitch =[
    my friend michelle was a bit skinnier than me and she put on 63 pounds
    WIC is wrong...

u never know how much ur gonna gain

and to ANON, i may be skinny and all skin and bones practically but i dont choose to be skinny..in fact all my friends call me a fat ass in an anorexic teens body =)

im hoping to gain some weight here!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Every woman is different. I am naturally extremely thin, so my midwife wanted me to gain AT LEAST 25 pounds during pregnancy. I gained that, and then some. I think I ended up gaining around 40 pounds total. Remember that the WIC woman is NOT a doctor or a midwife. She is NOT an expert on what makes a healthy or normal pregnancy. Her comment was a bit out of line. Whose opinion do you care more about, some lady who works for WIC, or your physician?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• she said she was just kidding misskelle, i didnt take it personally i was pretty skinny before i was pregnant too.
    Anonymous

• I think 30 to 50 pounds is about right for an average size woman. I'm a bit overweight and my doc advised me to try and keep my weight gain to 20 to 25 pounds. I actually only gained about 22 pounds with my first pregnancy. But like I said, I think average size women have more leeway in whats considered a healthy amount of weight gain.

And what's with these WIC ladies??? I've never been on WIC but I read a post not too long ago about someone being offended by a WIC lady.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i was skinny with my first pregnancy and i was after but i still gained 35lbs and i said i was kidding im sorry if i affended you misskelle
    Anonymous

• well like Katt Williams said "Self esteem is esteem of your self" you cant let other ppl affect you.. now that is whats not normal.... the word "normal" in the medical field is just nother was of saying average..... but ppl are different.. sometimes you fall below normal and sometimes your about it.... all long as your thighs havent gone from a size 10 to a 16 your good.... alot of it could be water weight as well....

hunilemonrose

Answer by hunilemonrose at 4:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The women at my WIC are usually very nice, there was only ONE woman that i have ran across that was a complete...."colorful word"...

Anonymous

• YEAH! SHE TOLD ME TO NOT GAIN ANYMORE WEIGHT....

SO WAS SHE TELLING ME TO HAVE MY BABY BORN WHILE SHE IS ONLY 1 LB AND 2 OZ?

hM VERY NICE.
    Anonymous