Wine

I need suggestions for a sweet,fruity red wine...my Dr. thinks it would help with effects of cancer treatment..hubby drinks wine that smells like gasoline and I have never been a drinker so I have no clue!

cancerfighter

Asked by cancerfighter at 9:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• shiraz is a nice fruity red wine. used in many sangrias (wine mixed w/fruit juice or sprite)
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i dont have any names for you but my opinion is italian wines are good. try to stay away from the dry wines. i think they are worse for a hangover. ive not met a red wine made in italy that i didnt like.
    mommiebroyles

Answer by mommiebroyles at 10:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The only wine I ever drink is by Arbor Mist. I love both the white zinfandel and the mixed berry. Both are great choices if you're looking for something fruity without the stout taste.
    Mommy_In_Love

Answer by Mommy_In_Love at 10:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i can't answer about the wine, but i am aware of a juice product that has been used by people with cancer with excellent results. i'm not sure if it's against policy for me to advertise it here so PM me if you are interested. i have hear many positive things about it and personally know of one person who used for cancer and she had excellent results. you wlil have to stop putting things in your body that are counterproductive if you already haven't though in order for anything to help.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Arbor mist makes very tasty fruity wines, try the strawberry! it is very good
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Chianti, Lambrusco, some Shiraz, Port, any wines made from fruit like raspberry, strawberry, blueberry would be sweet. Any wines in the South made with local grapes like scuppernog or muscadine. All those would be sweet.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Any dessert wines like Icewine or Muscat or Moscato would be very sweet.
    SweetLuci

• Forgot Sangria. You could make your own Sangria from a bottle of red wine and add sugar and fruit.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010