do you get mad when someone doesn't agree with you?

My background has involved a lot of situations where different opinions were brought to the table and discussed.
I'm seeing more and more (not just here) how often people can get so upset when someone else has a different opinion.
I've seen people get very angry when I tell them 'that's OK, you don't have to agree with me. It's OK to feel the way you feel. '
mostly I just listed to what they have to say, I don't have to agree.
I call that respecting the fact that everyone views things differently. it's what makes the world interesting.
Does it upset you when you can't convince someone to agree with your opinion?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• It definitely seems to be the case that many people here can not verbalize their feelings without vulgarity and anger. They probably have not been brought up where things can be discussed and debated without reverting to emotions. This is something as mothers we should work to provide for our children. It will aid them in their school, careers and relationships.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I dont ever get upset when someone does not agree with me, only because everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But, I will however become angry when someone blatently disrepects my point of view by attacking ME as the person who has the opinion in itself. Example: Your so stupid to think girls look cute in pink"... I think respect needs to be given to each opinion, and each person that has that opinion.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 10:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No, as long as they are not rude about it.

Calling names, or suggesting you are something your not. I learn from everyones opinions and sometimes I take what they say and apply it.

I guess it is just the way you go about it... Have your opinion but don't be rude about it... If I ever am I am not affraid to appoligize. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I get frustrated but not mad. Is that the same thing?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I don't mad. I tend to get a good laugh out of people who get their panties in a knot over people not agreeing.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It only bothers me if they aren't really listening to my point of view (and it's a personal situation, rather than just a discussion topic). I don't care that I don't agree with everyone all the time, I wouldn't expect to. But, I try to give other people respect and listen to their points, and may even agree with some of what they are saying, but if they can't be respectful and even attempt to listen, it will bother me.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Frustrated was pretty much what I meant, but I've seen some people get very mad.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No it does not bother me when someone does not agree with me...the world is filled with different people and we all have different opinions ...I do not expect any one to agree with me, so far it is a free country and we should embrace the fact we still have freedom of free speech, freedom to have an opinion all our own...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It depends on the situation -- for example if it is about MY children (or a personal issue) then yes sometimes I do tend to get mad if the other person is not listening to me and taking my side.
    If it is about general things -- then no I realize everyone has the right to their own opinion and I 'agree to disagree' .
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010