where do you take your children trick or treating?

I always go to my grandmother's house..i know the area well..i feel so safe there and i am aware of everyone there..i grew up with the people there or now the grandkids ect..who are still living there...i always think it may be way out of my way to go but it's worth it knowing my kids are safe ..

gracelessstar21

Asked by gracelessstar21 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• whatever military neighborhood we are living in at the time! There is nowhere safer!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Our church does this neat thing called Trick or Trunking. A bunch of people from our church line their cars up with displays and games and treats in the trunk and the kids go trunk to trunk. There are draws and prizes and face painting and food. Every year it gets bigger. Its a safe and fun environment. The kids love the games as much as the junk and every year they give away bikes and stuff in draws. Contests for the best costume too of course!
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 10:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Oh and not just people from our church come. Lots of people from the community around it and all across town. Its nice to be able to take your kids somewhere safe in a big city like Phoenix.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 10:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The State Park has a Trick or Treating Day at their campground every year. It was the weekend of the 9th this year. They close off the park at a certain time, so there are no vehicles driving around while the kids walk the park. (With parents of course) It's a safe way to trick or treat without having to run around in the dark. Though this year we are taking our oldest out to a few houses in the neighborhood. I live in a safe, quiet neighborhood, so I'm confident about that. It's just my lack of night vision that'll be the trick. Ha! Flashlight .. Check!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• This is the first year we're taking our son trick or treating, so we'll do it just around our little street then come home. He's actually trick or treating for UNICEF this year, meaning he's taking donations for UNICEF (I'm sure he will get some candy, too, but hopefully some people will donate). We don't want the candy in the house, as he's really too young for it, but we want him to get the fun of trick or treating, and we try to teach him to have a giving spirit.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We do it in our neighborhood, always have. That's the fun of it :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I plan to tak him by his grandmas'!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We either go to my Grandpas neighborhood or stay in our own. I think this year we're going to stay in our own since we went to Grandpas last year. Either way the kids always have a lot of fun :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010