HE'S RUNNING FOR MAYOR...FOR REAL???

I saw the View...(don't get mad, it's not about the previous rant)...and heard that Levi (we all know who he is) will run for mayor in Palin's town. He said he has no platform, no high school diploma, and not a clue what he wants to do but he knows things need to get done. Is this another "celebrity by accident" taking advantage again? Why would they even put a guy who probably never volunteered as a boyscout be put on a show to go after such a high position WITH NOT A CLUE AS TO WHAT HE WILL DO ONCE HE GETS THERE. And for Hasleback to throw Obama in there (she was reprimanded by Barbara by the way) and still throw a cheap shot by saying Levi may have little education but there are politicians who are well educated and do a poor job. We have become a celebrity nation of nuts.

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 10:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Levi is a tool and it's not new when someone with a little celebrity runs for public office. Think of CA and their Gov. race. Arnold? Do you recall the others that were running for office in CA? Gary Coleman, anyone?

As for Hasselbeck, I have to agree with her. A good education does not a leader make. I realize that some people think that O is doing a great job, and that's fine for them. I happen to disagree and don't see him as much of a leader. He had very little experience before being elected to POTUS, besides campaigning. And that's one feather I will put in his cap. The man can campaign like nobody else. In fact, it's about all I think he does well and it's all I have seen him do since before being elected. He just lacks on follow through.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• she was reprimanded by Barbara by the way---

that is the whole reason i don't watch that monstrosity of a show. its completely one-sided. maybe that's why they call it 'the view'.

however, levi running for mayor is silly. but then again, so are most mayoral positions. its not much more than PR work..any one with a smile can do it. kinda like the veep's job.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Levi is an idiot, sorry but he is. Its just a ploy to get more tv time.
    As for Hasselbeck, i agree with her. We have plenty of "highly educated" people in offices and all they manage to do is screw things up even worse. Obama is the perfect example. He's not helped anything, the only thing he's done is put is further in debt. But thats a totally different post.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have now realized that most of you cafemon political people are O haters. My next post, I hope you respond...
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think that this young man is addicted to fame and all the attention he is getting....he keeps taking it to the next step because there are people out there willing to exploit his youthful foolishness and greed to make money.....if the people of this town are willing to elect him mayor, then I guess they deserve to have him....hopefully they are smart enough to ignore him....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Not an O hater. Just don't see him as an effective leader. I am sure he is perfectly lovely to meet in person, but I have a fundamental difference of opinion regarding policy. I don't let emotions rule my political opinions.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• He can run all he wants, It's a free country.... doesn't mean they'll elect him. Although did elect Palin so I guess you never know.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010