oh my im so tired!!! (vent :(

So i posted earlier how my dd had become afraid of the dark and now she has to sleep with her bedroom door open.. Well now she has a new thing she does, she get up at 2 and 3 am wide awake and not wanting to go back to bed, I put her in bed with me and her dad adn she was there till 7 this morning before she fell asleep then she was up again at 9....i don't know what is going on, she used to always sleep right threw the night, right from when she was born i don't know how i am going to adjust to this...and i can't just put her back to bed and let her cry it out, because if she crys too much she will throw up...i asked dh if he would get up with her this morning so i can get a few more hrs sleep and he said you got as much sleep as i did...oh my....he got up after i had gotten up and sat on his computer playing games..i totally lost it on him. I lvoe my daughter and would do anything for her, but i need sleep!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my kids were afraid of the dark, I set up a little cot next to my bed where they could come and sleep if they needed to be near me...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Can you get away for one night to get some shut-eye? It might recharge your batteries for a while. Do you have a friend nearby or family? Or just to a hotel. Just a thought. My sister went through the same thing. My brother-in-law would exaggerate any little thing he did, but it was my sister who never got a break. When she would come visit my mom or me, we would take over and let her rest.
    taradionne0213

Answer by taradionne0213 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Silly things that I have done...I put a small fish aquarium in her room as a night light, I have taken my old manual pump hairspray bottle and filled it with water and a little conditioner (for smell) and called it monster spray and before bed we spray all areas of the room, last I bought her a dream catcher and told her that it will capture all bad dreams and monsters and they cannot get out.

It's a phase momma, it will pass. And there is no reason why you and Dh can't take turns every other night but you may have to be the first one to do it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The little girls I babysit recently started going thru the monster phase. I taught them to sing a song together, give a big hug and say I LOVE YOU SISSY! at the top of their lungs because monsters HATE HATE HATE songs and hugs and loves. Then we drew and painted enough rainbows to wallpaper their room because monsters are afraid of rainbows and anything happy. Now they sleep fine. You just have to find something that makes her feel secure.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 10:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think Jademom has a very good idea, also if you leave her door open she may feel more comfortable. It may just take one little change to make her more relaxed in her room. A nice night light may help. Some children for some reason are afraid of the dark and this may be the problem. GL hon, I know how it is to run on one cylinder all day.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I didn't see your earlier post, but you've probably already tried a night light in your daughter's room? Our 6 year old still doesn't want to sleep in his room from time to time. He cried for an hour late last night, but finally fell asleep. I wasn't giving in, since I knew he just didn't want to go to bed, plus we have a newborn, so I can relate on the lack of sleep. Hang in there, it'll get better, & good luck!
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2010