Do you still trust Tylenol?

I just saw there's yet another Tylenol recall listed on CNN's website. This time it's for a muscle pain product that's being recalled for a moldy smell. They have had a lot of recalls lately for many of their products, including children's Tylenol and Motrin. We don't use it very often, but I've switch to generics and no longer trust Johnson & Johnson / McNeil products. What do you think about all their recalls? Will you use their products again?

pam19

Asked by pam19 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Health

• No I don't trust Tylenol anymore. Way to many recalls, and thanks for the heads up on this one because I was going to start using them again............

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I look at it this way. At least they are doing a recall instead of just pushing it under the rug. It proves that their quality department is doing it's job.
    I will still use them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Unfortunately, no brand is "safe" from recalls. We use generic anyway, just because it costs less for the same effects.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I've always used the generic brands, but honestly, there are a lot of politics in medicine and the business world, and frankly I don't fully trust any of them....but have no choice because it is what is available to us...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We always use generic because of cost, but I have no problem with the tylenol brands
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Tylenol is a wasrte of money and kills your kidneys stay away from it.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have continued to use other brands after recalls, because I know it happens from time to time even with good manufacturing practices. I guess I'm questioning whether they have GOOD manufacturing practices anymore and whether they have delayed recalls when they KNEW they had a problem. That's the part that makes me question whether to ever trust them again--especially products I may give my child.

pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I meant to post this link above too.

FDA thinks drug maker knew about contamination
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2010