Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i change my sons last name to my husbands

there is no father listed on the birth certificate

Answer Question

Asked by zigaboo20 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • When my mom changed my name at age 6 I had to tell the judge that I wanted it.

    Answer by taralogel at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • You didn't mention if the child was your husband's. If not, he would have to adopt the child.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • as a mother going thru the same thing. your son's father have to sign a paper relinquishing his rights as the childs father and your husband has to adopt your child. so you have to find your ex.

    Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

  • the father isnt on the birth certificate

    Answer by zigaboo20 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2008

  • I am going through the same thing currently. I have a daughter who is 6 1/2yrs old by an ex..That left when she was an infant, and hasn't looked back once. I am now married, have been for going on 2yrs now, My hubby wants to adopt my girl. So any info would help us both. I know that the ex has to sign off his rights and all..shouldn't be hard, he hasn't done ANYTHING in 6yrs.

    Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.