How do i change my sons last name to my husbands

there is no father listed on the birth certificate

zigaboo20

Asked by zigaboo20 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When my mom changed my name at age 6 I had to tell the judge that I wanted it.
    taralogel

Answer by taralogel at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• You didn't mention if the child was your husband's. If not, he would have to adopt the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• as a mother going thru the same thing. your son's father have to sign a paper relinquishing his rights as the childs father and your husband has to adopt your child. so you have to find your ex.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• the father isnt on the birth certificate
    zigaboo20

Answer by zigaboo20 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2008

• I am going through the same thing currently. I have a daughter who is 6 1/2yrs old by an ex..That left when she was an infant, and hasn't looked back once. I am now married, have been for going on 2yrs now, My hubby wants to adopt my girl. So any info would help us both. I know that the ex has to sign off his rights and all..shouldn't be hard, he hasn't done ANYTHING in 6yrs.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009