respect for working mom?

I don't think tht their is allot or respect for working mom? When they complain on here about being tired or something, sahm always say, they don't get a break. Do you think that working moms have it easier. They work 40 hrs a week and still have to do all of the things that need to b done at home. I think both moms should be respected. but I don't think it happems

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you 100%. I work full time and do the home thing. My day starts at six and doesn't end till about 9 every day. I think its the same for SAHM's too, I think any mother doing her job should be respected whether she stays at home or works.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am a SAHM who always says working moms have it harder. They work 40+ hours then come home and do everything I do in a short span. I have the utmost respect for working moms.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think you have a good point. I think both jobs are hard. Some working moms enjoy the break from their kids, but some have guilt every day when they leave their kids, even though they are doing it to allow the life their family has. I know I feel that way when I've worked or while I'm going to school. I wouldn't say one or the other is harder, but I think they both come with their challenges.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'm a full time working mom. Honestly, my hardest days are the days I stay home. It's hard being "on" for your children all day! I think I have it easier. I can sit with my coffee, have a nice lunch. My house is a wreck though. I never clean it properly. The worst part of my job is the mommy guilt of working.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I so agree with you.....I think mothers need to support each other and quit picking at each other.....each mom has her own unique sets of problems as well as joys....working or not, we all love our children and are doing the best we can...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have nothing but respect for those working moms, but I know what you mean!

Answer by older at 10:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Honestly, it was easier working full time than it is to be home full time. I understand your point, but being a single parent working full time was actually easier than being at home.. doesn't mean that working moms don't get respect.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I never said that working moms had it easier then SAHM's.
    I see it more often that a lot of working moms feel that SAHM's have it easier. Thinking that we're just sitting at home being lazy letting our kids raise themselves. That is the common assumption on this site that I've seen.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think it's safe to say that none of us get the respect we deserve. It's hard to be a SAHM and it's hard to be a working mom- they're just hard in different ways!! Instead of agruing with each other, let's just turn on the men and say they should do more so we don't have to complain about anything!!!! =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Staying home is hard and is my worst nightmare. I have been home for the past several weeks after I lost my job. I can't seem to get motivated now that I am home and facebook is calling me. I go back to work next week. It was easier for me to wake up, do housework, take care of kids and then go to work, then it is for me to just clean all day.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010