YOUR DOG...MY YARD!!!!

I live in an open yard townhouse and can't stand when people use my yard to relieve their dog. Just this morning, I drove in from taking my child to school and this woman, with a bag in hand for waste, allowed her dog to relieve itself on my yard and she didn't pick it up. I asked her to and she said "you have a Gardner". Twice, I had to get my carpet clean because unsuspecting kids didn't realize they were trackin'. The owner, who doesn't live there won't put up a brick wall as both sides of us have, and I don't mind. I like the openness but not the mess.

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 10:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'd follow her home and leave it on her doorstep. I have neighbors that think it's okay if their dog pees in my yard, nevermind that it leaves a dead ring in my lawn.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Some people have no manners. Unfortunately, short of a fence or a security guard, there isn't a lot you can do. I can't believe that woman! The gall!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• oh...if i had asked her to pick up the dogs shit and she even had a bag with her..and she said something like that to me..i probably wouldve been so mad i wouldve picked it up with my bare hands and flung it at her. seriously. and i would tell her to keep her shitty dog off my lawn
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Pick it up, put it in a paper bag, take it to her house and light it on fire by her front door so she stomps on it! HA!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I hate that too! It is VERY RUDE and irresponsible of the owner to not collect and dispose of their pet's waste! (especially if they have a bag with them). I like Shanna's answer-- follow her home and dump it on her doorstep! In fact I'd be tempted to empty my catbox on HER yard and see how SHE likes it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I like the idea of bagging it up and taking it to her house. Not sure I'd light it on fire, but leaving it on her front porch with a little note saying......"you dropped this and I wanted to make sure you got it back"......should send a clear message.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'd pick it up and leave it in her yard.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If you aren't the directly confrontational type, you might consider putting in one of those little lawn signs that basically tell people to not let their dogs piss and crap in your yard. Like these:

http://www.signswithanattitude.com/no_dog_pooping_signs_list.html

I'd be frustrated too; if I wanted dog crap in my yard, I'd get a dog!

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Good grief! I would also take the stuff and leave it on her door step. If there are laws in your area covering that I would attach a copy to the bag.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would have went off on her. I have dogs and I even pick up their poop in our own yard. I hate irresponsible dog owners. They give us all a bad name.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010