Have you ever cooked a turducken?

Ever since I saw Paula Deen talk about making a turducken a few years back I've been enthralled with this. Has anyone actually made one? Did you like it? Did it go over well with your family? In short, is it worth it?

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 11:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yep.. but we didn't do that much work.. we ordered it from New Orleans from a place called the Cajun Grocer.. it was stuffed with shrimp Jambalaya and it was pure fantastic wonderful heaven!!! Definitely worth the money.. and definitely bucket list worthy!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I've never made one, but when I was a little younger and still at home my mother did for Christmas one year. The chicken was ok, the turkey was ok, but the duck was disgusting! At least that's what the general concensus was with our family. I will NEVER make one or eat one again. Just not for us.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• To be honest, they creep me out a little bit. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes. they are labor intensive. IMO they taste better cooked separately, but it makes for alot of conversation and is always something new for most people. Cabela's sells them already pressed together and smoked, absolutely worth the money.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That's a real thing?? LMAO My husband was talking about one yesterday and I thought it was just one of his cheesy jokes. haha
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have always wanted to and they sell them here but they cost to much for my tatse
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I did it with chef apprentices when I was teaching at Culinary school. It is a lot of work, and expensive, so liked it, some didn't. I felt it was too much work for the result. A few years ago I ordered one from my local meat market. It was from Louisiana, highly spiced-it was a big dissappointment. My family did not like it at all, and asked that I please not do it again. They still tease me about it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• LOL, yep, it's' real all right. http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/turducken.html Sorry, I have no idea how to post links correctly.
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010