What is one thing you always thought as a child you will never do when you have kids of your own? do you say it?

I always said I would never say "wait til your father gets home" and yes I say it all the time lol

kids_r_gr8

Asked by kids_r_gr8 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• have fun doing the things i did as a kid myself when i had one of my own but i still do infact i enjoy them more knowing that it makes my little boy happy xx
    KAT1991

Answer by KAT1991 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My mom and dad always said "knock it off" and I swore I would never say it but here I am finding my self saying it!
    Dee218

Answer by Dee218 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• "give granny a break..she is tired of playing" my dad would tell me that all the time when i was a kid..i caught myself telling my son that the other day and then thought of my dad telling me that when i was little.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• LOL Dee, I say Knock it off all the time too....as did my parents
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I was a fairly normal kid, and my kids are...weird. So I find myself saying things you wouldn't normally ever imagine yourself saying. Things like "We don't lick the doorframe..." and "Did you really just put the cat in the fridge?" or "Thats not a necklace, honey, that is mommy's underwear...(during laundry time)", and finally "Please stop playing with your brother's pee-pee..."

(That last one is b/c DS2 is 2.5 and DS3 is 1.5 and neither one will keep a diaper on unless its duct taped on... and we've begun the fascination with pee-pees. Lovely times.)
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I promised myself that if I ever had children, I would never let them lack love or affection, regardless of whether or not they had a two parent household. I did not want my children suffering as I have suffered, and I am thankful that I was able to succeed!!! Now, they are capable of showing/giving love and affection, have an amazing self-esteem and are strong, both mentally, emotionally, and physically. :)
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 10:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010