Have you ever gave the phone to your child when a tela marketer called you?

yup to my 2 year old grand daughter!

kids_r_gr8

Asked by kids_r_gr8 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What a great idea. My late husband used to love it when they called. Once they were selling dancing lessons, and he kept egging them on "you mean I can really learn to dance" and saying he was so excited and them at the end he said "that's great, because the doctor said I'd never even walk again". Once they called trying to sell funeral arrangements. He said "that's not funny considering that my wife tried to poison me last night and I have to go bail her out of jail so she can fix my dinner". No matter what they were selling, he would have something to say about it. Either they would hang up or ask why he was wasting their time, he would say because they were wasting him and he was just throwing it back on them.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• LOL, my son has answered the phone a few times. The other day one called and ask me if my parents were home.... HAHAHA I went along with it and said No, they're not home. HAHAHAHAHA
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• when my daughter was about 3, I would let her answer the phone while I listened in on the other phone and she would talk away. They would be saying, "can I talk to your mom or dad"? and she would say yea, well today I played outside and I brushed my hair, etc... It was so funny and instead of just hanging up, they would continue to try to get her to give the phone to me or her dad. They had no idea that she loved to pretend to be on the phone even when there was no one on the other end so having someone speaking to her was a bonus, lol.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 11:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No, but I have said 'hold on, I need to find a pencil' and then left and went for a walk for like an hour, leaving them on the line.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I always have my 6 yr old answer the phone when I don't recognize the number or it is toll free
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My 14y/o loves to answer those calls. He is vicious. They never call back once he's done with them. HAha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My Mom was taking care of my Grandma who had dementia. When the telemarketers called she would hand the phone to her. Gram thought she was talking to somebody she knew...and Mom didn't have to deal with them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes, I handed it to my 3 year old who tells them, "Me big boy, I pee in Potty, and Dada(Sister)and me go pay outside today, I like trucks, and I pee at night!"
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• YES he he kept saying mommy's on the toilet over and over,, i thought u, could have said i was on vacation lol
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No, but then we're on the National Do Not Call Registry, so as soon as they do call, I ask for a manager and lay into someone for violating that.

They always try some BS about how they only have to update the list every 3 months and I say, "Well, that's funny because I registered over a YEAR ago. So you should have updated your list at LEAST 3 times, if not more, since I registered. Call back and I will take you to court."

*SLAM*

BTW, Google it. Once they've been notified not to call you, you can take them to small claims court for EVERY call you receive thereafter, for a $1,000.00 penalty PER CALL.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010