Does anyone else do story time at the library?

Each week its either just me and Heidi and maybe one other mother.. is this not a normal thing any more?

KKline

Asked by KKline at 11:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do, every week with my kids. My son Loves it and has since he was 6 months. My daughter is still too young but she always smiling while we are there.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• that's how it is at our library, but we live in a very small town and the story time is honestly REALLY boring. I had to stop going because my 2 y/o wouldn't sit still!
    mommareynolds09

Answer by mommareynolds09 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's pretty popular where I live. I usually take my kids during the summer, and there's always at least 10 other kids, and sometimes a lot more, at each session. Maybe it depends on how populated your area is?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We always did it when the kids were little. We loved it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We try to go every week. It's often pretty crowded, unless it's right before a holiday. I have trouble getting my son to stay still though. Sometimes we make it through the whole thing and the crafts afterward. Sometimes we leave after about 20 minutes, or we go look at books and play with the trains in the other part of the children's library.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I do, What I hate is I went and registered and then all these other moms will show up each week. Leave there kid and go on the computer or look at books. So it gets out of hand at times and the lady that is suppose to be doing story time is having to talk to these children to sit and be quite.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's very popular where I live. It's two days a week (different age group each day), and there are usually 20-30 (moms and kids) The moms are required to stay with the little ones. It's a great opportunity.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Maybe my issue is the age group.. a lot of you sound like you go with your older children, i go to the swaddles to toddlers group, my daughter is 9m but she still LOVES story time, and they sing songs and its lots of fun for us..
    KKline

Comment by KKline (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• for military posts it is still a big thign!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We just got back from "rhyme time" that at our library is for 2s and 3s. They have different storytimes for 3 year olds, and a "baby" storytime (from birth to walking) that I took mine to when they were younger. There weren't as many people at the "baby" one - but they have it 3 different times during the week, at the "rhyme time" for toddlers it's always full - and they have it 9 different times during the week. You might want to check - if your daughter enjoys it they also do storytime at Barnes & Noble and other bookstores.

Answer by missanc at 1:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010