What is the woman's right to choose anyway?

What is it that women are choosing to do anyway?....When most of you had children when you first found out you were pregnant did you go around saying "I'm having a baby" or "I'm currently having a unviable living organism growing in my body right now"....What is this choice about anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That explained it really well!

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• When I first found out I was pregnant, I said, "I'm pregnant." or "I'm going to have a baby." I chose to get pregnant, and I chose to carry that pregnancy to term because I wanted a baby. That was my choice. Were circumstances very different, perhaps I would have chosen to terminate my pregnancy and end the life of the fetus that was growing inside of me before it had a chance to become a viable baby. That would have been my choice, as well.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Only wanted pregnancies are babies. Unwanted pregnancies are clumps of cells. Got it. Good to know.
    Anonymous

• That's not at all what I said. Try to put your agenda aside for a moment while you read the following words: You asked what it is that women are choosing to do. Women are choosing whether or not to carry their pregnancy to term, whether or not to give a blastocyst, then an embryo, then a fetus, a chance to be born. The terminology a woman uses to describe her pregnancy naturally reflects her point of view. If a woman has no intention of carrying her pregnancy to term, she is more likely to refer to it clinically, as an "embryo" or "clump of cells" than a woman who intends to give birth to a live full-term baby.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Oh easy, the choice is whether or not to kill your baby...apparently in America its called a "choice". I find it disgusting.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Why cant you CHOOSE to take bcontrol, CHOOSE to take the 72 hr pill, or just CHOOSE not to have sex. Oh not to mention adoption
    Anonymous

• Yep, those are all possible choices, as well. But do keep in mind that all forms of birth control, including the morning after pill, have failure rates. And keep in mind that people ARE going to have sex. I mean, really, are you suggesting that a married couple, for example, refrain from sex unless they want to concieve? And also keep in mind that adoption, while it is a truly wonderful thing, carries with it life-long consequences for both the biological mother and the child. I am not saying that I think a baby would be better off aborted than adopted. Not by a long shot. I am just saying that the issue is rarely as black and white as you are making it out to be. But then again, I'm not sure why I keep responding, since it seems clear that you are not really seeking answers, but rather seeking an opportunity to anonymously assert your own opinion.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Good Question!
    Anonymous

• Actually I'm the one who asked the question...not anon @1:37pm
    Anonymous

• To begin, I am pro-choice, but i also could never have an abortion. What would you rather have a woman end a pregnancy or choose to carry a baby while continuing to drink do drugs live in an abusive relationship...
    Does this unborn baby deserve to be exposed to all of this toxic living even before birth?
    Does this child then deserve to be at the mercy of a potentially abusive parent with all of the ills that go with that, sexually abusive male figures, early drug abuse and a repeating cycle of mistakes?

Anonymous