when taking in pants, what do you do with the excess material where the belt loops are?

I lost some weight recently and my work pants no longer fit. Since they are still in good shape, just a little big, I took in the center back seam, but now I have about two inches of extra waist band material. What the heck do I do with it? Am I supposed to cut it off and hide the seam with the back belt loop or is there some trick I am missing?

barefootbchbum

Asked by barefootbchbum at 11:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That's what I do. I just extend up from the back seam. Cut away the excess material, then tack the waistband seam down to each side will get rid of some of the bulk.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You are *supposed* to remove the entire waistband and reset it, but that is probably not worth the effort. Your plan is fine. They are just work pants not something ultra formal. Congratulations on the wieght loss (I assume.)
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2010