Games for a 9 month old

Ok so im a boring mother, I dont know what is fun for a 9 month old. I try and have fun with my daughter but shes happy being by herself too but she still wants attention.. any games you all play with your kids? any ideas to change up the scene, was thinking maybe i should take her out of the house more too?? help me.. i dont want to be the boring parent. she loves daddys attention because hes a big kid, but i find i just cant be a kid.. :(

Weldo1983

Asked by Weldo1983 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That age. Peek a boo. When mine were that age they loves for me to "chase" them when they crawled.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Singing songs to her and dancing together. Go to the library and read her a book. Organize a play date with a baby around her same age.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 11:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Patty cake. The book "Pat the Cat". My daughter did that whole book. She loved it. Sing songs. Take her to the mall. My kids loved that. Story time at Barnes & Noble. Sign her up for a Mommy and Me class at Gymboree. That's all I can think of right now. 9 months was a long time ago for me!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I go to as many functions as i can find to get her around other children. we have a swaddlers to toddlers group where they all play in this big gym, a story hour at our library, i take her to MY book club where there is a play room, she goes in the nursery during church and has a great time, and the new comers club she plays with other kids there too.. on days that i dont have these things to occupy her we go for long walks.. although the weather is getting chilly so i dont know how much longer that will last, i think when it gets to cold i might take her around the mall, change of scenery is good for little babies, gets their brains working with all there is to take in in the world.. i hope this helps, oh.. and when i am cooking dinner i let her watch baby einstein, sesame st, or elmo's world.. she loves all of them, and most public libraries have them to loan, so you can keep changing them out. see if meetup.com has anything
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 11:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2010