Is Homer Simposon Catholic?

I'm not being funny... According to what I just saw on TV, the Vatican announced that Homer Simpson is Catholic and that children should be exposed to this show because it's one of the few which has Christian topics...

Producers of the show said he is not Catholic he's Presb-Lutheran...

If I can find the link I'll post it...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• SabrinaMBowen

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I saw that this morning. I think REVERAND Lovejoy would have something to say about that.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My kids aren't watching that show. Dealing with a few Christian topics doesn't override the very un-Christian-like stuff they also portray.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Has the Vatican even watched ANY of the shows? There is only one good thing (IMO) to come from that show...Spider Pig. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I never thought he was Catholic. I always thought he was Presb. or Baptist. That show really isn't that bad. Family Guy blew that show out of the water when it comes to raunch.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My kids LOVE the Simpsons... We have a number of seasons on DVD, I don't see anything wrong with it... But, I am shocked that of all the shows on TV that is the one the Vatican is choosing to endorse!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That kinda shocked me too... Family Guy actually has clear Catholics, the Simpsons have ALWAYS said they were Presb-Lutheran. In fact the ONE show where Bart converts to Catholic it's a huge no-no! But on Family Guy, Peter's Father is Catholic - strict Catholic - it's Lois who is Protestant...

**Obviously we don't have issues with that show either... But I think it's more Catholic than the Simposons in...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Don't forget about Mrs. Lovejoy! Maybe the Catholic church is getting ready to allow priests to marry and wants to get people use to the idea by association with the Simpsons???
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The Simpsons go to the same church as the Flanders.  I'm not sure what the denomination is but it isn't catholic.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• LOL! I saw this too.......the media is actually translating and taking out of context what was actually said in the official vatican newspaper.......I wouldn't pay too much attention to it....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010