Looking for some recommendations on other foods to try when out at the restaurant with a 9m old

We always get the same darn thing... scrambled eggs or mac and cheese, and sometimes a side of mashed potatoes with gravy.. she just started liking solid food, i have to mash it up with a fork there, at home we do hamburgers, meal loaf.. chicken normal things, because i have a food processor.. just wondering if other parents have come across other things that work.. we tried the hotcakes, they just got stuck to the roof of her mouth

KKline

Asked by KKline at 11:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to get a cobb salad and give them the cheese and hard boiled egg. You could get any kind of pasta and give them pieces. At the cheescake factory they used to bring me baby food and a banana! I didn't even have to ask. I don't know if they still do that. You could get a turkey sandwich and take out turkey for her. I wouldn't order a meal for a baby that age. There is plenty of food they could share wit you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• For a child of any age I wouldnt trust resturant food cooking meats. If the meat isnt cooked thouroughly your child can get very sick. I always bring some organic dry snacks or string cheese along
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• A lot of restaurants have steamed veggies~~broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. You could get soup and give the veggies to her, and the meat in tiny pieces, if it's tender enough. Some places have mashed sweet potatoes instead of regular ones. Fruit salad. Pasta, they usually love noodles. Pot roast and veggies.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Steamed veggies, Many restaurants have avocado now and you can ask for a few slices. Fruit bowl. I typically just gave them a little bit of my meal (whole, no need to mash for a 9 month old!).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• baby led solids and baby led solids forum

You should be able to give any fruit or veggie. You shouldn't have to mush.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Just share anything from your plate. Her appetite probably doesn't justify the cost of ordering her own food just yet. Pasta, veggies, breads, eggs, cheese, fruit, lightly seasoned meats. If there is a sauce you don't want your baby to have (I stay away from wine sauces, tomato sauces, and caesar dressing because of the raw egg) jus order it on the side. I also always bring a jar of food with us so that if the only thing dd will eat from my plate is pasta or bread she can still get the nutrients from a fruit or veggie.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I usually just got a steamed veggie on the side. Or baked sweet potato with the butter/brown sugar/cinnamon on the side.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When my son was 9 months old, he was getting cheerios, small pieces of well cooked carrots and broccoli, noodles, gold fish crackers, small pieces of fruit. Pretty much anything that is a little softer for them to chew.
    crice913

Answer by crice913 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010