WHAT GOOD DID GEORGE BUSH JR DO? or WHAT WAS HE GOOD FOR??

You all seem to voice how much you hate Obama...that he put us in further debt, with some politicians on TV saying he caused it all in the first place, but, how else could you fix this mess of 8 years? What would a Republican do that could be better? Why should we chance another 4 years of them putting us, ALSO, in further debt? Obama was honest when he said it will probably get worse before it gets better. Also, I'm reading about Continental Airlines coming from worst to first and other companies in financial trouble and they say that when you are in this predicament, you have to spend money (and it hurts to do so) to set the pace of getting things back in order. I know you won't understand except that you hate what Obama is doing, but why didn't you ALL try to impeach Bush for screwing up our economy, making us a joke to the ENTIRE world? And don't talk about the book I mentioned, it was just an example.

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 11:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with you, but impeachment doesn't quite work that way.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• FYI, we aren't all Obama haters. You are either new here (by your numbers) or you are a reincarnated member. You shouldn't throw out accusations without having information to back them up.

GWB Jr. was good for spending tax dollars liberally (an opinion that I voiced to my Democratic Congressman at the time - he didn't agree with me - go figure) and he's always good to place blame upon.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think Obama is doing a good job overall, and it would be a challenging time for any leader. People seem to forget that it was Bush who set the stimulus in motion, and I personally think deregulation of the financial industry is a big reason that we're in this mess in the first place. I can't think of anything good that he did--except help comedians write some good jokes.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• well FIRST of all, we got ourselves into this mess by buying houses that we couldn't afford. Clinton and Biden were on the team of geniuses who approved of all the loaning (Freddy Mac and Fannie Mae). Bush built a hospital in Africa and did many other humanitarian efforts that no media would report..because the media is liberal. The debt he caused was defense debt. Also, the statment "Obama was honest"..I don't think Obama and Honest belong in the same sentence. He is the biggest deceptor we've ever had. At least everyone knew what Bush was about, whether or not you liked him. Regardless that I'm Republican, it's not that I dislike him because he's Democrat. I dislike him because he is blatantly un-American. He will not place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem, he went on an "apology tour," he will not protect our borders..and many other things.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• QuinnMae, is that the BEST you can come up with? And so what if I'm new "here". I'm an adult on this planet and has voted for over 35 years and can read comments. They are Obama bashers at best.
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• we got ourselves into this mess by buying houses that we couldn't afford.

WHAT you mean it could be OUR fault????? NO NO....lets blame it on everyone else!!! THAT IS THE AMERICAN WAY! (sarcasm if you missed it)

Les also not forget there was a previous president who made decisions as well.....sometimes the effects of those decisions are not seen until MUCH MUCH later....a term or two later.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Everyone's opinion is different and just because they don't care for one President does not mean that the previous President should be put down. Why does this ALWAYS seem to come up?
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• – collapse
    The unreasonable and unfounded hatred some people in this country have for Obama honestly baffles me.... HE was not the one to get us in this situation, and he's trying everything he can to get us out of it (with absolutely NO support, only bullheaded and childish opposition from the Party of No). Yes, it takes money to turn things around, and yes, things ARE turning around, but for some reason the right wingers can't seem to grasp the idea that something like this can NOT be fixed by waving a magic wand, that it will take time and money...

I'm absolutely DISGUSTED by the right wingers, and their ridiculous, unfounded accusations, like the ones kittieashy made. He's un-American, really? You're an idiot. And so was Bush.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Oh, forgot to add, ALL politicians are liars.

Good for you for supporting Obama. Your ideals must match up with his. Mine don't. As I mentioned in your other question, I am sure he is lovely to meet in person, however that doesn't change the fact that many of us (me included) have a fundamental disagreement with him on policy. That doesn't make one a 'hater'. We see it every day on this forum, the name calling does nothing but widen the divide. So you can try to claim the moral high ground by calling people haters, but that doesn't make it so.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010