13 month old crying at night, not normal

My daughter within the last few days has woke up several times in the night crying. I usually just leave her and let her fall back asleep because if I go get her and try to rock her back to sleep, she won't let me put her back in her crib. I'm thinking she might have an ear infection, but she has had them before and doesn't wake up because of them. Any other ideas on what could be wrong. My husband thinks she was just cold, since the temps are dropping here.

Asked by moviemom22 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Also, I should have added that this is really not normal for her. She has probably only done this a handful of times since she was 2 months old. Typically she sleeps through the night.

Comment by moviemom22 (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Is she teething?

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• sounds like an ear infection honestly

Answer by adelinasmommy at 12:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• maybe she is having nightmares

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sounds like teething to me. My daughter, too, is a sound sleeper. She will occasionally have nightmares but she calms herself down for those. But when she is teething, she's in a lot of pain and is unable to calm herself back down.

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sounds like teething. My 16 month old goes through this from time to time. I would try Hylands teething tablets before bed and see how it goes.

Answer by navyjen at 12:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas. She has about 8 teeth, so the others could be coming in. I will try giving her the tablets tonight.

Comment by moviemom22 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010