Help planning a garden

I have never planned one myself, my dad always helped me. I have no clue where to place my garden or when to plant what. Luckily we live in South Jersey, so most everything will grow. I want to plant tomatoes, green peppers, zucchini, peas, lettuce, pumpkins and strawberries. I've grown all of it before, except lettuce (for some reason it didn't grow well where I grew up in Pennsylvania). Any advice?

jms124

Asked by jms124 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Home & Garden

• south, west or southwest exposure is usually best if your yard or property allows it.
    Tomatoes do well kind of against a fence or wall of a building, they appreciate the reflected heat (not too close cuz they get big obviously). Zucchini and peppers could be planted in front of the tomatoes because they are not as tall. (In front meaning on the sunny side not the shady side :) Peas need something to climb as do many kinds of beans. Lettuce is easy and short good for edges because it doesn't trail or climb. Pumpkins need a LOT of space. Strawberries do well in pots.
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 8:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008