My son is in kindergarten and they have this thing now from when I went to school years ago with snacks for the class so where can I buy multi packs for a group of 25 kids for a week because this is a new one on me,the teacher said send in like canister sized snacks that will last for a week and then some so any ideas on healthy snacks because my son loves junk food,etc?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 12:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can get individually wrapped packages of pretzles, crackers, etc. at almost every grocery store or even at Walmart.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• pretzels,Annie's Bunnie Snacks,Dried Apples(or fresh),fruit cups,raisans,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Does each child provide snack for an entire week? I'd head to Walmart for the type of thing they are asking for.

You know, our school received a grant that provides a fresh fruit snack daily for the students. There are some great programs out there, certainly worth checking into.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You can buy big canisters of preztels, big bozes of goldfish crackers. raisins, fruit snacks. It's hard to buy healthy and in bulk, but it'll be cheaper if you don't buy induvidually wrapped snacks.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The first year I had to do that I lucked out and found packs of halloween pretzels - little prepacked bags of pretzels intended to hand out to trick or treaters, 50 packs to a giant bag. I picked up a couple of those, and it got us through his snack time donation for months.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Since you didn't use any punctuation I'm not 100% positive what you're in need of. But if you have a Sam's club near you, they have 4 pound canisters of animal crackers for cheap - I want to say under $5.
    Anonymous

• you don't have to fill them for a month do you? when my son was in kindergarten it was a week or whatever you could manage because the kids take turns
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Every school year the schools here in my county ask parents to send in things..what ever you can send.

No parent has a certain something to HAVE to send it...just which ever is on the list........maybe a few time every few months.....not every month, as there are about 25 kids in a class.....but they send home what they may need.

I just send in little packs of goldfish, fruit snacks......enough for the kids. Ask how many students there are and go from there.

I get a few of those potato chip varieties...and those HUGS juices, some times the Hi-C juices....and they are good to go.

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Do they have to be individually packaged? That seems very wasteful. Assuming they don't, here are some ideas:

-a bag of apples
    -hummus and tortilla chips
    -frozen berries
    -baby carrots and ranch dressing
    -hummus and cucumber & bell pepper strips
    -bagels and peanut butter or sunbutter
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 3:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• bjs, coscos, pathmark, any kind of store that sells in bulk but some regular supermarkets also sell certain things in bulk
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010