contractions at 35 weeks 3 days?

hello i am having alot of braxton hicks i am 35 weeks 3 days today i have a lot of going to bathroom now and i know his head is down i was dilated to 1 cm and thinned out last Wednesday and she said i will not carry to due date i hurt alot when i walk so do you think i am getting close to giving birth? this is my 7th but this is totally different pregnancy i gave vag to all of others.

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is possible that the baby is low and causing the pain. It might also be that you are getting close to going into labor. I know that when the baby is sitting lower than normal it ihurts to stand up. My friend experienced pain for weeks before delivery. Good Luck. I would also consider talking to your doctor.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Why do they tell women stuff like they won't go that long? It's almost never true. 1cm? That really doesn't mean anything. Myself was dailated to 5cm for almost 2 mos and the other pregnancies 3cm and 50% effaced every time. The baby should be head down by now. At 35 weeks it's totally normal to have contractions. And your pain is probably round ligament pain. It worsens with multiple babies and can be quite debilating making the whole pregnancy harder. No, I think you still have a few weeks. But they will go fast.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Well, I've been having labor on and off since 34 weeks. I was completely thinned and dilated to 2 at that time. Baby is also engaged and I have been having a hard time walking. The good news is...I am now 38 weeks and 3 days. You could certainly make it to your due date!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I forgot to mention, this is my 5th pregnancy. What musicmom said is pretty much what I was getting at. It can't be said that you will deliver early just because you were dilated and thinned. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You never know alls you can do is keep hydrated and you could also start timing your contractions. I know in utah where i lived the wont admit you until your 4cm. With my 2nd baby i started leaking amniotic fluid at 20weeks and made it all the way to 38weeks and i was even walking around. I mean i couldn't stand being on my feet for more than 15min at a time but my baby came out fine.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I gave you a bump and I wish you the best of luck :)
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Your body might be getting ready, but there is really no way to be sure. I was told I was going to go past my due date and have to be induced and ended up giving birth a few hours passed the due date. They can't tell for sure until you acutally go into labor.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010