Halloween????

Do you dress up to take your kids out trick or treating? I think it's cute to show them about getting into it something modest but cute I am going to this year but don't want to feel out of place or get confused as a older"kid" since im a 20 something mom haha. Last year I saw a lady get all decked out to hand out candy and thought that was so cool she got into it for the kids...what do all of you do? any ideas on a cheap but cute costume?

vanillabean3

Asked by vanillabean3 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• I always get dressed up. It's fun for the kids and fun for me. One of the easiests costumes is a cat. Wear black slacks or tights and a black top. Draw whiskers and black tip of nose.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yup, we dress up and go trick-or-treating. I dress up, too! I love Halloween, always have. Although, this year I didn't do the indoor decorations like I normally do.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have dressed up to take the kids trick or treating, as well to help my DD's class at school. My kids think it's neat that I participate with them!! A witch is an easy/inexpensive costume :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Easiest last minute costume(try going to a local thrift store, then dollar strore for whatever accessories you may need)&& of course the BLACK PANTS/TOP are great to be a WITCH, or just a FALLEN ANGEL....btw, what I can't figure out is how people who have KIDS don't take time 2 buy them costumes, but spend money on themselves...Don't get me wrong, I understand that some just don't because of RELIGIOUS beliefs,but what about the others who are just 2 LAZY??

Even if I can't afford a $30.00 costume one year, I still buy costumes 4 my sons & sometimes myself...Right now only my friend across the street, & my house is decorated...Some people claim that Halloween is the DEVIL'S day/LMAO...I tell them everyday you hear of someone getting killed, or some other tragedy going on in the world---so if anything....HE LIVES DAILY not just once a year!
    BootyQueen_1974

Answer by BootyQueen_1974 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yeah I dress up with my kids to take them out. It's fun and usually I get compliments for "getting into the spirit of things".

Easy, cheap costumes (depending what you have around the house) are things like hippies, flappers, doctor, nurse, cowgirl, housewife (throw on your robe, curlers, slippers and face cream!), ghost, vampire....

Two years ago, I went as a cheerleader for "Goth High". I wore a black/white plaid pleated skirt, black sweater, red/black/white dreadlocked ponytails, black nails, ripped fishnets and biker boots.

I went as a hippie last year. All it took was my flared jeans, some leather flip flops, an old shirt of my mom's from the 60's, and I painted some flowers on my cheeks.

This year, I'm going as a flapper. I already had the fringed dress and heels, so I just need stockings and jewelry and I probably already have those too. I may go buy a fake jeweled cigarette holder from the Halloween store.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I always dress up for Halloween. This year Felipe wants to be a storm cloud so I am dressing up as the sun to go with his costume. It's for me, not just him! Also, me personally, I wouldn't sweat it about seeming like a kid - the best moms are often the ones who act like kids :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I usually end up dressing up because my job wants you to but one year I went with my kids in my costume. I always try to get creative with my kids. I made my daughter Miss Kentucky with white ribbon from a craft store and a sequenced dress from the goodwill and a crown from walmart. Her flowers were a fake bouquet. My other daughter was a rapper found pants at goodwill she wore her sunglasses and a tobagon with dreds attached. They both won awards at school
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010