No rent, get out!

An open letter to the mice that are trying to invade my home. Dear Sir or Madam,
If you cannot afford to pay rent, then get out of my house!
I love the fall, except for the mice and spiders who try to set up house keeping for the cold months in my house.
Are you dealing with this issue too? So far I have trapped 2 mice and smooshed numerous spiders.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 12:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate spiders. They have no respect for boundaries. Any other creepy crawly tries to keep its distance from people, but spiders just invade your space like they're not afraid of you ... That's why I'm afraid of them ... LOL
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 12:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't mind spiders... If I find one inside, I just pick it up and put it outside. At least they're useful, they kill flies and stuff! Mice...meh, I have 7 cats, I guess that's enough incentive for them to stay out, heh. I do have some in the garage, and it's annoying, but I can't bring myself to put out traps. I can't stand the thought of killing anything, really.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• mice I can't stand- but our upstairs housemate has enough going on in her place to keep them happy, so I've never seen any in our place. but in the past I've just used the old fashion traps that kill them quickly (usually)
    as for spiders, I don't kill them unless it was a black widow or something dangerous.
    I prefer having spiders, I'd rather have spiders then the creatures they eat!
    They are natures exterminators!
    But if I see them, I call to my husband and have him move then to somewhere less bothersome, like the back room with the water heater!
    Anonymous

• 7 cats??? AAAAHHHHCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Ugh. I have been fighting the battle of the spiders for the last month. I appear to be losing :( On a daily basis I'm using the Swiffer duster and cleaning cobwebs.

I saw a mouse last night, going to have to get out some traps. Double yuck.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Haha, what can I say, I'm a bleeding heart when it comes to animals. Three of them were feral cats I got when they were 4 weeks old and in really bad shape, they're 17 years old now. One was from an SPCA stand right by my work, she was 8 weeks when I got her, she's 18 now. One just came walking in one day, one was my attempt at being a "foster parent", except I couldn't let go of him, and one is my fiance's. I also have 2 rescue dogs :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 5 kids a DH and an 8 month obnoxious Golden Retriever is about all I can take!
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think I just had an allergic reaction to the 5 kids part, heh. Don't get me wrong, I'm in total awe of anybody who could handle 5 kids, I know I couldn't!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes!! and i figured out where my dog's food was going to? i thought they were really pigging out and telling them they need to go find jobs here soon. lol hopefully we got them all this time!!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2010