My mother in law makes me cry........ what do i even say ?

I am pregnant with my 3rd baby - I also have 2 boys who just turned 1 & 2.... I have been soo sick with this pregnancy... and to add to the fact I have a MIL who still refers to me by my husbands ex girlfriends name ( I know she does it on purpose), she also tells me that she seen her as a daughter and that the dog that she and my husband got together - well my MIL sees that as her first grandchild ! I work from 7am- 8pm at our family restraunt and my husband does nothing around the house even though he is the one there during the day, but I am the lazy slob who doesnt do anything.

But the kicker was on Sunday we went to her birthday party ( family get together) I got up at 6am to make the food, and had thrown up so many times and was covered in dots, so she annouced that we were having family photos. I wasnt happy so she announced that she knows women who will gladly take my place ( in front of everyone )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Why even put up with her? Just ignore her, stop talking to her, cut off contact. She's obviously the epitome of the 'b' word. That's so crappy that you have to deal with a monster in law like that, I seriously thought they were only in the movies. Doesn't your husband ever say anything? I know it sounds extreme, but I personally would divorce my husband (especially if he wasn't sticking up for me) and get the heck away from that family.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Then in front of everyone just the same way she is doing call her an insensitive BITCH who needs to accept the fact her son married YOU, no one else and if she can't deal with it then she doesn't have to have anything to do with your family.

Then I'd turn to your husband and slap him and tell him to stand up to his mother and support his wife or leave
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• IGNORE HER.

And tell hubby that he needs to tell her he was STUCK with her but CHOSE you. (Which is just what mine told HIS mother.)

You need to not pay any attention to her. Act as if she has senile dementia. LAUGH at her the next time she calls you the wrong name and ask what her geriatric specialist is saying about her Alzheimer's.

DO NOT let her cry. HE CHOSE YOU. REMEMBER that. Screw the rest.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Rather... do not let her MAKE YOU cry.

• Man, I'm sorry.... She does sound like a total bitch. I agree with Nanixh, just cut her off completely. I'd also advise you to put your foot down with your husband, HE should be the one telling her to act like a normal human being!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sounds like the mil from hell!!!! What is her problem? I had one of those. Why does she not like u?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would first say I know you think your opinions & remarks are important but they aren't to me so if you.can't keep the rude comments and opinions to yourself I'm going to start acting just like u! & have a heart I'm.carrying ur 3rd grandchild respect me or its gona get ugly because whether u like it or not I'm here to stay!
    mikiesmomi

Answer by mikiesmomi at 12:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I've found it best to cut the toxic folks out of my life. I will say that your husband needs to stand up; he is completely disrespecting you.
    Anonymous

• What does your mom think of all this? What advice does she have for u? I told my mil from hell she has no right to talk to u like that!! What is wrong with your hubby??? He should be defending u!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You've tried being nice to her, so now give her a taste of her own medicine. Why put up with people who make you unhappy? It's a waste. See how she likes not seeing her grandkids because you shouldn't have to allow them around people who are going to treat you like crap. Your kids don't need to see that. She sounds like an aweful person and doesn't deserve to have grandkids.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010