Birth control after baby!

So... I am planning to breastfeed as I did with my first but the thing is I got pregnant with this baby while on the mini pill! Me and my hubby want more kids after this one is born but we want to wait for a few years! I don't know if I am going to trust the mini pill again! I have been looking at mirena but I have heard that it causes scarring that can lead to infertility! I am only 20 years old so who knows how many more kids I will want! I need something that will be effective, kinda long term, but not permanent. I WILL NOT do the depo shot again! I gained so much weight on that and it took us so long to conceive our son after me getting off. We thought we weren't gonna be able to have kids! Any suggestions ladies?!?

mommy2amari

Asked by mommy2amari at 4:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• don't have sex?? lol i'm kidding...sorry, the doc gave me some pills i could take while breastfeeding, but i didn't have sex for a while, and then when i did, used condoms, then got my DD on the bottle and now on the pill...but still using condoms cuz it's not effective till a month after you've started taking them...so i guess condoms are all i can say...
    Anonymous

• Try a diaphragm. No hormones. Pretty simple to use. A little akward at first, but fades pretty fast. Very effective if used properly.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Oh I should have added that because there are no hormones, when you want to get pregnant, you simple stop using it. The chemicals that are in the pill deplete your body of the resources needed to care for a baby. With a diaphragm, you still have all the nutrients without having to wait for your body to restore them. My midwife suggests waiting one year after quitting the pill to try to get pregnant so that your body will physically be ready.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• How about condoms?
    Anonymous

• I tried to tell him to use condoms but he wont because he says it doesn't feel as good! So maybe I will talk to my doctor too! I dunno having a hard time trying to figure this out
    mommy2amari

Answer by mommy2amari at 3:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I used the mirena after my dd was born I had it in for about 1 1/2 years and I actually had to use clomid to get pregnant with her...I had the mirena out for 2 weeks and got pregnant with this baby
    Mommy2Mickayla

Answer by Mommy2Mickayla at 6:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008