If peace were to be standard at any time in any land would it make sense to ....?

What is the purpose of a leader if God already says what to do with our morals, daily life, structure, family chores, and obedience to one another as far as natural respect to siblings, and just growing up, then taking over the family jobs whatever that would be. Then passing down that trade and making that your lifelong livelihood.
Doesn't this make more sense to do ?
Do you think then we can all live peacefully and breathe easier. ?

((Under food and drink, since that is what most people as a daily rule need more than anything else.))

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe your god tells YOU how to live your life, but I actually have my own standards and morals, thanks. And every country needs a government, because the fact is that people NEED laws to maintain order. We're talking laws here, not religion. Not everybody believes as you do, and I think history has been more than adequate in proving a LOT of horrible things have been done in the name of one god or another...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Not everyone subscribes to "God," nor does everyone that believes in God and follows the bibles teachings believe the same interpretation of the bible. I think this method would cause even more trouble/unrest because the bloodiest times in our history have been when the church was in/tried to take control.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The world doesn't inclusively believe in God. In our society we are free to do all the things you've suggested, but without some kind of government, we'd live in a world of chaos. So, no, I don't think we'd live peacefully and breathe easier. There has to be choice and consequence and suffering. Otherwise why would turn to God.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 12:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• What I mean is if those who already turned to God, put all the control in His power, and would take His direction, and they would only have him to reply or serve. We wouldn't serve each other, only God. In most countries, religion is used to cover over God himself, and only they respect the curtain or sheer veil it covers them with, and not really serve God himself, just acting as if they are. It isn't now, but when God himself comes back as the leader from heaven to earth and he does call upon all those who will obey/ serve only his standards. His rules.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Well I don't believe God dictates our daily lives like that.... And government or "leaders" are necessary for society to work in a cohesive way....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Besides, I don't see God telling us how to operate our vehicles on the highway or any of the other laws and regulations our government enforces in order to keep society functioning properly.... ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That was His intent all along but sin got in the way... it will go back to that eventually.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• There is a Bible quote that I can't find, maybe someone else can remember, but it says that we must be subject to authority (Earthly authority such as voting, branches of government, etc) because it was placed there by God, it's not something to be feared because it is to deter evil, not to deter good. Something like that.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Hmmm. This is a prophecy in the bible. Everyone wants peace but greed gets in the way. Kind of reminds me of that quote "No good deed goes unpunished." With best intentions, someone will always take advantage of your kindness. We as humans will never end this cycle. You would think with all the knowledge and materials we have in this world we could end hunger. Never happen. Not without a supreme authority. Good question!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010