Good questions to ask half silings

I'm looking for some good questions to ask my newly found half siblings. Any ideas?

Carrielayne

Asked by Carrielayne at 12:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Adoption

• http://www.myspacebulletins.com/
    list of survey questions
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 10:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I too have half siblings I've never met. They're much younger than me, so I'm sure my questions would be different than yours. What about you do you want them to know? Because those same things you want them to know about you are probably the same questions you should ask them.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 12:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• What she thinks about....what kind of people does she need in her life.....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't plan it like an interview or anything, that would make it awkward. I have a half sister that there is no half about since we grew up together and are very close. I have 2 half brothers that I have never met. I always wonder if I will get a knock at the door some day. I don't really know their names or if they know I exist.

If I was going to meet them, I think I would just want to go for a walk on the beach and talk about whatever came to mind. Eventually after a few meetings I would want to know what their childhood was like since my birth mom abondoned me and kept them. But I wouldn't jump into those kinds of questions right away. I think I would just want to take it slow like a new friend.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• What would you like to ask them carrirlane?

Will you be asking them questions in email, or meeting them in person?
    I kind of get the feel you're worried about those silent pauses in your conversation when neither of you can think of something to say?

It's ok if that happens. But i know it can be uncomfortable. If you're meeting them face to face, what my sibs and I did was plan an activity together for the day. We did tourist things, went to the zoo, did one of those duck tours of the city, ect. We were together, having a good time, but doing something (looking at the sights) and that took some of the pressure off having a discussion without knowing what to say to each other.
    Ask them to pull out the old photo albums for you to see. Bring an album of your pics as you were growing up for them to see too.

I'll look around and see if I can find some of those survey games we would send back and forth to each other.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 6:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'll post a link if I find any.
    BTW, one of the coolest things about reunion is learning that there are similarites in you and your family!
    I can't put into words how fulfilling that was to me.

For instance, my sister and I picked out the SAME greeting card to send bday wishes to another sister. They were bought at different stores, 3,000 miles apart. Same good tastes LOL. Those stories went on and on.

A good book to read if you have time to kill before meeting them is Sincronicity in Reunion.
    Enjoy your reunion! Relax, and don't forget to breathe! :)
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 6:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my hubs has 6 or 7 half siblings he found very recently that he never knew before. He just wants to know who they are and what they are about. like meeting new friends
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010