do you kill the spiders in your house?

we don't most of the time.
if they are poisonous then I would get rid of them, but I've never seen a poisonous one in the house.

I just yell for my husband "come get one of your friends!" and he takes them outside or something.
when I lived at home my mom didn't kill them either, she put them in our cluttered basement.
one summer when everyone else in the neighborhood got carpenter ants we didn't. our basement looked like a horror movie set! the spiders had the windows completely covered!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• No, we don't usually kill the spiders... Nor any bug for that matter. If it's a bee, then that's another story. Ever watch 'The Bee Movie'??? She asks "Why is his life any less significant then yours?" I simply loved that! I tell my son that God made that spider, (bug, or whatever) too, and it's special just like he is. I never realized how much that sunk in until the other day. A little neighbor boy (about 10) was outside trying to kill a daddy long leg (which is a spider)... He kept screaming Die Spider Die, I told my son to come inside, and DS yelled "Stop being mean!! That spi'er is special just like me!" and then ran inside. It took me everything I had not to laugh, so I could applaud my son for standing up for the spider. It may seem silly to some, but I was very proud!
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 1:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't kill spiders ... I ask someone else to. Unless I'm home by myself in which I case I will lob a shoe in that general direction. I hate spiders.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 12:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Either I kill them or hubby takes care of them. I despise spiders so much I was about ready to move when I saw one in my bedroom! I crawled up on the bed and wouldnt move till hubby came home and killed it for me.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY! I hate spiders, they are sooo NASTY! thankfully I've only seen two spiders in my house in the last 1 1/2 yrs :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I try not to kill them..I try to find something I can take them outside with. Even though I hate spiders but I feel bad hurting them.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 12:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I normally do not kill them but I surely do not like them. My cats usually spot them before I do and eat them. So I really do not have to worry about killing them or not.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yuck! I'm terrified of spiders. I get my bf to kill them lol.
    luvmylilbean

Answer by luvmylilbean at 12:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yeah my hubby does the same thing he will catch it and turn it loose outside.... me HA i squish em
    Delilah05

Answer by Delilah05 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Awww, momma_marian, that's adorable! I really hope my son grows up like that too... I don't kill spiders (or anything else), I just catch and release. My fiance does the same thing, mostly because I threaten him with bodily harm if he kills them, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I just ignore them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010