Was told i was never going have kids, need advice, plz read details?

Hey! Just found out im preggers! I have stage 2 endometrosis, I was told i only had a 5-10 percent cahnce of have kids, years ago... and now im preggy :) I just want to know if there is any way to tell if you have a baby in the sac. Im just scared that when i finally see a doctor when i get medicare that there going to tell me there is no baby in there. Is there any way you can tell that there is a growing baby inside you????

HarshieGurl

Asked by HarshieGurl at 12:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• only via ultrasound
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If they don't see a baby in the sac right away, don't worry!! Sometimes it takes a long time. You will know for sure when they do your bloodwork and your hormone levels are going up. That's the best sign! Congrats, no worries, enjoy this experience to the fullest!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I also have endometriosis, I just found out friday but by the symptoms I've had it for years. I had two miscarriages and then I had 2 beautiful daughters and a handsome son. Good Luck. and to answer your question, only by ultrasound. I'd get it dont quick. If your getting medicaid they go back up to 3-4 months to pay so go make sure everything is ok.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Not without an ultrasound, no.... Just keep calm, and think positively!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• you can have a ultrasound, I have endometrosis myself and my kids are now 22 and 16.
    Delilah05

Answer by Delilah05 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You can only tell with an ultrasound. You're in my prayers though and I hope everything is ok. Stay positive!
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 1:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I had a vaginal u/s done at 5.5wks and all they seen was a gestational sac. They did another one at 7wks and seen the growing baby.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Outside of a doctor's office, no, there is no way of telling.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sorry...I'm no help with that either, except to say only with an ultrasound.

BUT my mom had difficulty getting pregnant with me and my brother (she has endometriosis, as well) but carried us both to full-term. And I have 2 friends that were told that they would NEVER be able to have children (one not able to get preg, one not able to carry to term) and the one not able to carry to term has a GORGEOUS, awesome 16mth old, the not able to get preg is due in a month...and I had another friend told that her chances were slim and she has a 2 1/2yr old.

SO...don't worry!!!!! I have known too many people that were told they probably never would, that if I get told, I'll be devastated, but will still have TONS of hope!

Good Luck and CONGRATS!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 3:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• im 7 weeks with my 2nd baby and i went a week ago and we could only see the sack and a little tiny dot which was the baby. lol i as well have endometrosis and they told me it would be very difficult for me to have children just dont stress and get an ultra sound best of luck to you! =) keep us posted
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010