formula kind...

i went to a food pantry today and they gave me Enfagrow formula by Enfamil. It says it is the next step for your developing toddler but then underneath in small text it says Infant and Toddler formula. I posted yesterday I am running low on formula do you think it would hurt me to give this to my 2 month. I mean it's better than nothing right?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 12:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Something is definitely better than nothing. Also, have you tried applying for WIC? It'll help with the formula.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Its better than nothing> I would get to the store and get some more formula ASAP. It might not have everything he/she needs at their age.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It contains higher amounts of protein and in a much different balance. It also contains higher amounts of iron (which can cause constipation). Lastly, and probably worst, is that it contains corn syrup instead of lactose as a carbohydrate.

So, I wouldn't give it to any child, let alone a 2 month old!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Is it this? http://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/enf10/content.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home3/Toddlers3/EnfagrowPREMIUMToddler&iwpst=B2C&ls=0&csred=1&r=3464959991

If so, it's designed for 10-36 months as an alternative to milk, to be served with meals/snacks.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am on WIC but my next check isnt effective until Thursday. I won't use it unless absolutely necessary. WE should be ok but just wanted to know..thanks
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• As a last resort after the gentlease runs out (I saw your post yesterday) it should be ok. It might constipate your baby, but something is definitely better than nothing. You can also call your pediatrician and see if they have any formula samples, I get all of my dd's formula from her GI doc. Granted, she's breastfed and the formula is only to make her cereal and add to her food and it is a special formula, but your pediatrician might have some regular infant formula. Good luck!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If you private message me your mailing address, I have formula coupons that I will send you. One is for $11 of Good Start.
    I will be breastfeeding, so I don't need them.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Send me your address and I will mail you a can whenever you need it. Let me know what kind you want
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010