Single mom of 4 year old boy needs answer for

loganq2

Asked by loganq2 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm a big believer in TRUTH, tailored to the age. If you start out with a lie, it will come to bite you eventually. Not knowing what the truth is in your case, it's hard to make a recommendation.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Well, where *is* his dad? Then we can try to help you come up with a truthful but appropriate answer you can be comfortable with.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with But Mommie. It is hard to answer your question.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with gdiamante.

Without knowing WHY your child's father is missing, it's hard to say what you should say, but a lie will eventually out, and it could damage your relationship with your son.

The truth is important, to a point, and explained in a way that is age-appropriate.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Kids understand more than alot of people give them credit for...I've told my son (his bio dad is out of the picture too) that even grown ups aren't perfect and make mistakes....that I'm sure his dad loves him in his own way but because of the decisions he has made it is impossible for him to be around...my boy has just accepted this...although he does ask other tough questions...like why does his dad drink too much etc.
    feloniousbelle

Answer by feloniousbelle at 1:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• do you know who his dad is let h meet him i
    think you need to be honest with them i know with mh friends thst are single they let them meet there dad and let them work i out and see what happens
    CarlaJean99

Answer by CarlaJean99 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• " even grown ups aren't perfect and make mistakes"
    I use that one all the time when I get asked questions for all kinds of things!
    Anonymous