Religon

Can anyone find in the new testament about being gay being wrong, I can find it in the old testament but not the new except scripture about sexual immorality( which I know can count as being gay.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Romans 1:26-27…Therefore, God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity. (continued...)

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's not there, period. It was never in the ORIGINAL Old Testament either, it was just "translated" that way later on...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• http://bible.org/article/homosexuality-christian-perspective

Google it and keep your Bible in your hands so you can look it up and see for yourself.
    Bumble_She

Answer by Bumble_She at 2:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't believe the Bible says anything about homosexuality. The words translated into homosexuality are not words that originally meant a homosexual relationship. Pederasty, for example, means pedophilia, male prostitution, ritual sex, and rape, NOT a mutual, consensual relationship.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• St. Paul talks specifically about homosexual behavior somewhere in the new testement.......but I'm not a Bible literealist nor do I take verses out of context to prove points....using the bible to argue is misusing it's intent, in my opinion....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Romans 1:26-27 is about as close as it gets, imo
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 4:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't see why you'd need a Bible to tell you that homosexuality is wrong.Just like you don't need one to know that a lot of things in this world are wrong.There are some things you should just KNOW.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 7:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I want to encourage you with something.... a challenge if you will. :-) Instead of looking for the wrong things in the bible... look for the right things. In this case read about what He says about marital relationships and friendship in the positive light. I guarantee you you will find MORE on those topics than on the negative topic of homosexuality. Jesus encouraged healthy relationships between friends, husband and wife ( male and female) and between us the church and His Son Jesus. Those are the examples He wants us to see. They are the lifestyle He wants us to follow... and speaks about more often.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• (continued...) 1 Cor 6: 9-10…Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor practicing homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God. (continued...)

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010