ectopic? pain at 7 weeks

II am 7 weeks pregnant, for the past week I have had, off and on, a sometimes sharp pain in my lower right abdomen, its not constant and it usually only lasts a few seconds, other times it will be like a poking feeling in that same spot on my right. This morning was the only time it was really painful and I was laying in bed and coughed and it was a sharp pain there but only lasted a second. Also for the past 2 days my right shoulder blade has been killing me. I can't really tell if its shoulder pain or back pain, but its just in one spot only on my right side, right about where my right shoulder blade is. I read that in an ectopic pregnancy you don't get shoulder pain until the tube ruptures so if that were the case I should be in a lot more pain in my abdominal region right? If it is just normal stretching like I have been told over and over why is it only on my right side? I have also been told it may be a pregnancy cyst?

luvmylilbean

Asked by luvmylilbean at 12:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call your OB asap!! They are the only ones that can answer the question. I wish you luck.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i would call your ob but I would lean towards it is just normal pregnancy pains.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Any one sided pain in early pregnancy should be checked right away! A tubal pregnancy is nothing to mess with. You can lose your tube along with the baby if you wait too long, causing future fertility trouble.
    sarasquiverfull

Answer by sarasquiverfull at 1:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would call. My last pregnancy was ectopic. I can tell you the pain was most in my abdomen, and it got really bad. There was a point I coulnd't move out of bed. Don't wait though. Call asap. I waited too long. Good luck
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 1:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My sister just waited too long (a month ago) and she had an ectopic. She thought the pain was normal pregnancy pain until it burst and hurt like hell. Went to the ER and had to have her left tube/ovary removed. Her stomach was filling with blood and she could have died. It's VERY serious and very scary. Please, if you're having pains on one side be safe and get it checked ASAP!!!!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would call your ob asap!
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Only your doctor can make an accurate diagnois.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• im not saying dont be concerned because i havent had everything that you said i just have the shooting cramps and did with my first daughter. and what i have is round ligament pain. but if you are worried call your ob for sure! good luck!
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010