How do I change doctors?

My doc irritates me. She's spacey, gets off track at my son's apps and is usually 45-60 min late. I chose her when I got preg cause she was the only woman (stupid reason!). She even fell asleep at the birth of my son and I had to pay for another doc to deliver him. Do I have to tell her or the hospital that I am switching? What's the easiet way to transition?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Health

• Find another doctor asap! Meanwhile you can either go to your current Dr and sign a release of medical records or have your new doctors office send one that you have signed there.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Just dont go back. Reasearch your next doctor and set an appointment. Odds are they won't even notice you didn't come back.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Just let them know that you'll need a copy of your medical records, as you'll be switching to a different doctor. No biggie. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• you can doctor search and switch anytime. I changed practices when I was 3 months pregnant with my daughter. I was going to a community practice but as soon as the medicaid switched to "medisource" with an ins carrier my OB from my first pregnancy was available and I switched back to them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010