Is anyone having a hard time finding a baby shower venue?!

Hi guys! My husband and I are currently expecting our second child and we're finding it very difficult to find a nice baby shower venue!!! Is anyone else experiencing this problem? We had the same experience for our first.

After listening to the complaints of so many women, we are now in process of opening our own venue. I'd love feed back from you guys in the process. What are 3 things you'd want included at a your ideal shower venue?

If you don't mind, you can even fill out the 5 question survey by visiting the link below.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/RPBNHL9

Ladies, I would really appreciate your input. No one knows more about these things like us moms :-) If you can't access the link, simply share your thoughts. Thanks!

belly_belly

Asked by belly_belly at 1:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ... the prices are high... Unless you include decorations, invites, food, games, and the gifts! Good idea though
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sorry guys...the correct link is actually http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XXWSMYH
    belly_belly

Comment by belly_belly (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Unless you are in a high-end area of the country, and plan on a lavishly decorated venue, the prices are out of line if you don't include catering. If you are not going to offer it, I would suggest you speak with a few local restaurants and offer their catering to your clients. A bakery isn't a bad idea to have as a referral as well.

If you don't offer catering, a nicely equipped kitchen would be a must (to heat things/keep them cold.) Punch bowls and cups, small plates, etc. should also be offered (so the customer is only really providing the food - serving items are provided.)

A "living room" set up, complete with couches, easy chairs, maybe even a fireplace would be nice as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Around here, most baby showers are held at home, so you'll have to overcome that somehow with your marketing plan. How is your venue better than a free venue?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• we have always had them in the office of the apt complex that my sis or aunt has worked at, they are usually decorated really nicely, or at a community center and we would never pay more than $100 for the venue. Also at our neighborhood clubhouses.... they are great with the pool in the background..... I'm having my wedding reception at my mom's neighborhood pavilion and it is only $100!!!!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 3:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i have the same problem, so mixed up on where i want to have the shower. so, i just got frustrated & in the end im having the shower in my cozy home lol idk its an alternative.
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• were having mine at my house now because every thing around me was way to much money
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks for all your replies ladies! The majority of people I've spoken with agree that the only way they would pay the amount I first proposed was if it was all inclusive (i.e. inlcuded a kitchen, serving platters and utensils, and catering). This venue would be located in a fairly "well-to-do" area where my competition charges about $400 without food. However, after consulting with you guys and countless others, we've decided to change our prices from $550 for 2 hours without food to $575 for 3 hours including catered food for 20; $475 for the venue only.

In addition to adding the kitchen, the clubhouse like venue will feature high end decor and boast a fireplace, 2 massaging chairs for guests of honor, waterfall, surround sound for music, and flat screen television with dvd player for entertainment and slideshows. You guys' input has really been a big help. Please keep your suggestions coming.
    belly_belly

Comment by belly_belly (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010