Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get my life in order after a dramatic situation?

I am living with my mom and step dad because I am having problems in my marriage. But about 1 month ago my step dad asked me to have sex with him! I told my mom about what happend and things where diffrent for a few days, but then she just swept it under the rug and totally forgot about how I felt. I had no where else to go so I stayed there. But 2 nights ago I woke up to find him fondeling my breasts. And he proceeded to ask me to sleep with him again! I am very lonely and scared. I have been sleeping in my car bcuz nobody will help me. I was thinking of going to a shelter but I am affraid of that also. I am not sure what to do now.... please help

Answer Question

Asked by MarleyGirly at 1:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Go to a shelter now. And report what happen to the police. I don't know there is anything that can be done but there needs to be a record of what happened just in case. While at the shelter ask for programs to help you get on your feet again and look into counseling, to help you deal with everything right now. Your plate is over flowing and sounds like you don't have the support network you need. Take care of you, but get to that shelter before he tries something. You need to protect yourself. The police can also help you find one if you don't know. You can do this, you are strong enough.

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • go to the police and file an assault charge!

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • And why havent you called the cops? Why are you there? Where is your husband? Where is your child? IF you are telling the truth and are not a TROLL, leave, you're just putting yourself in that situation! Time to put the big girl panties on a get out of that situation.

    Answer by kjbennett26 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • I would file a report with the police. And either find a shelter or a friend you can stay with until you can work things out with your husband, or get on your feet. No one deserves that. And with children you need to make sure your taking care of yourself so you can take care of them.

    Answer by prettypaper at 1:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • I would go to a shelter or a friends house or anywhere away from the situation but the car is not a safe place for you.

    Answer by older at 1:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • punch the sucker in his face and make sure u leave a bruise,and call the cops!!! so then if your mom is not sure if u are telling the truth then she will wake up in the night when the cops arrive and her HUSBAND is not in her bed and his face is swollen. if this is not enough evidence i dont know what is !! if she still denies it/ignores it- i would disown her period.

    Answer by maya123 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.