family tree

I am wanting to research my family history to put together a family tree for my little one. My dad has had nothing to do with me since I was born and my mom is adopted. I know I won't be able to get anything from my mom's side, but I'm hoping to get something from my dad's side. I knew my great grandparents so I have that to start on (grandparents died long before I was born). Does anyone know how to start getting information/ I got all the info on birth/death/ military enrollment on my great grandparents but now I am stuck.

mommyporter

Asked by mommyporter at 1:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• ancestry.com
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yep, ancestry
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ancestry.com is free but to get the photos and records (which are leaf icons) you have to be a paid member. So it's a bit of a tease. Do you know any family on your dad's side? Uncles? Aunts? Cousins you could ask?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Good luck! I've wanted to do the same thing. But my mom was adopted and my dad wasn't around as well. Tough situation. Sucks.
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Also check with the LDS church. They keep a HUGE archive of family records on both members and non-members.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010