Did you ever have a pregnancy you just didn't feel would go to term?

Did you ever have a pregnancy you just had a feeling wouldn't go to term and did you feel guilty for thinking that? How did you cope with the thought?

zava_t

Asked by zava_t at 1:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had a really touch and go pregnancy with my middle child... starting with heavy bleeding in the first tri, and then more heavy bleeding in the second tri because my placenta was low and a portion abrupted from the uterine wall. Because of all the issues and the fact that I had a previous m/c with my first pregnancy, I did not have a lot of hope for that pregnancy for the first four months or so... I was told it could go either way. However, dd hung in there and was fine- she's now a healthy six year old who has no idea how many times mom landed in the ER when she was pregnant with her! Sometimes fears are just fears. HTH a bit.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I had some preterm labor with this pregnancy, so we were worried for a few weeks, but everything seems to be normal and I'm 38 weeks now. Why are you feeling that way?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My last pregnancy was twins and I delivered at 34 weeks....I did alot of reading about pre term labor and actually read that once moms give up and start assuming they will have the babies soon often they do...and that's what happened to me...I hit 34 weeks and breathed a sigh of relief that I had made it that far...and quite telling everyone I was going to make it to 38 no matter what....and pretty soon I was in labor...i really think trying to think positive has good effects...mind over matter or something like that.
    feloniousbelle

Answer by feloniousbelle at 1:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010