computer moms i need ur help!!!!

i was told even if i browse in private and delete my history that the info that i was looking at or emails i recieved were on my hard drive. i need to know how i find them and delete them off of my computer.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• The only way to completely delete things from your hard drive is to re-format it. And with that, you will loose EVERYTHING. The bottom line is, don't do things on your computer that you don't want anyone else to know about.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ditto.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think the only way to clean a hard drive is to get a cleaner disk or use a sweeper program and it would restore it to like new. Unless you take it to a professional, they might be able to pick and choose what to get rid of.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You have to be able to delete the browsing history and the cookies and cache.

But again, if you look hard enough, you can still find it all.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Right, reformatting is the only way to wipe it. And even then then computer savvy people could still get it if they desperately wanted to haha! Sorry, not funny, but I agree if you don't want someone to see something, don't do it on a shared computer.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Ditto with reformatting.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That is true. Someone who is an expert in computers could find what they were looking for on your hard drive. You could do a complete system recovery but that will delete everything even the stuff you want to keep.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I hate to break it to you.. if you were doing something you shouldn't have been and you do reformat or wipe your HD it is never ever gone all the way, forensics can find ANYTHING even deleted files. You have to completely destroy the HD. What happens is it writes over and over and over... and all that can be retrieved at any point.
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 5:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010