What do you think others feel about your skanky clothing?

Why do some women dress like they are going to the club even when they are going to work or to church? Is there a true need to wear tight pants and 5 inch stillettos in the office? Or show extra cleavage in the church? Do they not realize that it is inappropriate? And if not, how? How could they not know.

What happens when the friendly e-mail from the HR team doesn't work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I really don't care I dress how I dress for me not for everyone else. If I worried about how everyone else felt about everything I did I'd be crazy by now.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Well, I pretty much live in jeans and t-shirts, and I'm currently pregnant, so you won't catch me in anything tight or revealing, heh. And I haven't worn heels in about 3 years, either. As for what others wear, I don't really care... If they want to look like a hoochie momma, that's their problem.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Why are you worried about how anyone else dresses? It's possible they don't care for how you dress either. But, thankfully, we live in a country where we have the right to dress as we please. Personally, I dress for what I feel is appropriate for me, not everyone else. I have way too much to do to spend time worrying about how someone else dresses.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'm sure a lot of them do realize they are dressed inappropriate for places like work and church. no, we don't get to dress as we see fit in this country. You can be fired from your job for not conforming to dress code. A lot of schools have a dress code as well. I think a lot of people don't care what others think, which is good but then a lot of people don't care about themselves either, which isn't good. When someone dresses skanky, its sending a message loud and clear about how they feel about themselves. Like, " I'm an easy lay" or "I have no intelligence and therefore have to dress this way to get guy's attention." What's really sad is women who think dressing that way somehow makes them look good.
    Anonymous

• Probably the same way I feel about dressing in Granny clothes @ 35. To each his own. Yes - there is a time & place for everything - but there are bigger things to worry about in my day to day life than what someone wheres. I happen to be a slender 5'6" large chest woman - & I've found - it doesn't really matter what I wear - some woman is gonna have a b*tch... so I dress how I feel like dressing that day. Take more time to know someone rather than judge based on their clothing.
    awnryprincess

Answer by awnryprincess at 1:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• In a work situation, if they don't change how they dress to make it appropriate, they can get fired. And church? Children don't need to her "advertising" her stuff. They'll get a convoluted idea on how women "should" dress.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Well, actually I did NEED to wear 5 inch stilettos to work thank you. I am only 5'. I was behind a museum front desk for 3 years, if I didn't wear 5 inchers I would have looked super tiny. It was better to talk to people who came in wearing a taller shoe because I could actually look at them, not look up to them. Now, it was quite a shock when they came in on weekends for tours, I couldn't wear heels in the historic home I gave tours of because they mess up the 18th century flooring. One person said "You know Wednesday you seemed taller or am I confusing you for someone else?" All of my work shoes though are at least 4 inches. I however do not wear heels like that with skirts, I wear them with slacks, which generally since I am short my slacks conceal my height secrets lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i need 5' inch shoes just to get my pants to fit height wise LOL, I am 5'2. to each their own though. I coach in a gym so I don't wear all nice stuff, basically adidas stuff. I do think its inapproriate for people to wear really tight stuff in church however its not my place to judge
    sunfireprincess

Answer by sunfireprincess at 9:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• because they are confident in their body,so whats wrong with showing it off right?after i have my baby i know imma buy me some sexy clothing,not showy,just sexy to flatter my curves..but as for everyone else i dont care what they dress,its their style and who they are,so why waste your time?
    MIASMOMMY1229

Answer by MIASMOMMY1229 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I just can't help myself!

tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2010