Has anyone used Your Baby Can Read? If so, did it work?

I'm considering getting it for my 15 mos old.

logantylersmomi

Asked by logantylersmomi at 1:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't use it. my 2 1/2 year old watches the abc's and 123 movies. i haven't even heard of this
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 1:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• sorry haven't used it.... gonna bump though bc I was considering getting this too :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 1:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• god no and no it doesnt work..they aren't reading they are memorizing..don't waste your money...my MIL bought it for me and it went straight to my attic because I won't even sell it to someone..its not teaching your kid a thing...route has proven not to work..as a school educator I would not recommend it
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my sister was gonna get this for us (first time parents) and i told her no because i've been told that just like all the other developmental milestones of a child, reading is to be taught, not rushed. they told me that forcing a child to "read" before they are ready can cause harm to their eyes and the eye/ brain coordination
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010